About

Dwight Carter was an award-winning Principal in the Columbus, Ohio area. His focus has been and continues to be to establish positive relationships with stakeholders in order to do what is best for all students. He recently began a new career as a leadership and effectiveness coach assisting school leaders and teachers become more efficient and effective.

He was inducted into the Jostens Renaissance Educator Hall of Fame for his approach to creating a positive school culture based on relationships, recognition, academic success, and social/emotional wellbeing. He was named one of three NASSP Digital Principals in 2013 and the 2014 Academy of Education Arts and Sciences Secondary Principal of the Year. Additionally, he was named the 2015 Secondary Principal of the Year by the Ohio Alliance of Black School Educators.

He presents at a number of local, state, and national conferences about school leadership, school culture and climate, understanding today’s students, and how to engage all stakeholders in a school community. For example, he has presented at the National Principals Conference since 2013, the Jostens Renaissance National Conference since 2008, and has been a featured speaker at the International Center for Leadership in Education Model Schools Conference. Additionally, he is a leadership and instructional coach for ICLE/HMH and has been the keynote presenter at a number of school districts across the country.

He has an extensive social media presence with over 17,500 followers on Twitter and over 6,000 connections on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram. He has co-authored two books through Corwin Press with Mark White, which has lead to keynote presentations including an invitation to present at the 2017 Learning Forward Conference.

On a personal note, he was also inducted in the Wittenberg Unversity Athletic Hall of Honor in 2014.

One of his cornerstone beliefs is, “No significant learning takes place without a significant relationship”-Dr. James Comer.

You can contact him at:
Twitter: @Dwight_Carter
LinkedIn: Dwight Carter
Email: mrdwightcarter@gmail.com
Email: dwight@dynamixllc.org

9 thoughts on “About

1. It is so refershing to a positive African American male educator. In my school district there aren’t enough! I too believe that we must be willing to impact and change the lives of today’s youth.

2. Thank you so much for your encouragement and support! “To whom much is given much is required.”

Be Great,

Dwight

3. Hi Dwight,

Caught your blog via @JasonFlom and #stuvoice, in particular the post on what students are looking for in teachers; great information. I’m an independent documentary filmmaker and I’m currently working on a film, Grey Matters, looking at how neurological research should be informing teaching methods. What your students describe is a key component of the Brain Targeted Teaching model which I’m showcasing in the film. Would love it if you could take a moment to check out the facebook page and website for the documentary: greymattersdocumentary.com. http://www.facebook.com/greymattersdocumentary. If it’s of interest please like and share with friends and colleagues.
    Thanks and look forward reading more about your work.

Kind regards,
    Ramona

4. Dwight. Great blogsite! I look forward to meeting you in person at the BASA bootcamp next week. I’m excited about your session!

5. I came across this blog through Twitter and I absolutely admire a) the fact that you as a principa blog+reflect, unheard of in my country; and b) enjoy reading your insights very much! Thank you!!!

6. Hello Dwight,

My name is Kevin Hoang and I run the Hot Topics blog http://www.pil-network.com/HotTopics for Microsoft in Education. We would like to warmly invite you join our network. This year was special to us. At our 2014 Global Forum in Barcelona, we’ve invited 250 school leaders from Microsoft’s Mentor Schools to join us learn, share and collaborate with the best of the best from all over the world. These mentor schools are subject to a robust selection process where over 10,000 school leaders compete the join annually.

As a school leader yourself, we would be honored to have you join our community and add further into the thought leadership by writing blogs as we would like your community to learn from the best and brightest.

If this opportunity speaks out to you, please feel free to write back so we can continue our discussion.

All the best,

Kevin Hoang
    Program Manager
    Hot Topics | Microsoft in Education
    M: 425 615 9200
    v-kehoa@microsoft.com

7. New Albany Folks – You are lucky to have Mr. Carter! My kids went to Gahanna and he has been a great role model, mentor and friend. He rocks! Good luck Dwight – Be Great (no doubt you will be). – Leah Kohr

8. I had the opportunity to hear you talk at the Josten’s Renissance conference this summer… and I’ve started one of our ideas (HAT) day and I’m getting the most bizarre pushback from a few teachers, and before those few derail my efforts I would love to get some insight from you. Would you be able to email me?
    Thanks,
    Karey